Frequently Asked Questions

Where Do I Pay My Water Bill?

You can pay your water bill downstairs in City Hall at United Water.

Where do I get a copy of my birth certificate?

You can order birth certificates, death certificates and marriage records on-line, by mail, phone or in person by visiting the Mississippi State Department of Health Vital Records office.

Birth certificates cost $15, with a $5 fee for additional copies of the same record.

The MSDH Vital Records office is located at 222 Marketridge Drive in Ridgeland, off Highland Colony Parkway. The office is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Public counter closes at 4:30 p.m.

Where can I register my vehicle and get car tags?

At the Jones County Tax Assessors Office: 601.426.3248

Physical Address
501 N 5th Ave, Laurel, MS 39440

Mailing Address
Jones County Tax Assessor-Collector
PO Box 511
Laurel, MS 39441

Where can I pay or get information about my current property tax bill?

The Tax Collector accepts current (not delinquent) property taxes.

Physical Address
Jones County Tax Assessor-Collector
501 North 5th Ave
Laurel, MS 39440

Mailing Address
Jones County Tax Assessor-Collector
PO Box 511
Laurel, MS 39441

Phone: 601.426.3248

Where can I pay my traffic citation?

Municipal Court at 601.428.6517

Where can I pay delinquent property taxes?

Chancery Court Clerk
415 N 5th Ave
Laurel, MS 39440

Phone: 601.428.7625

Where and how do I apply for a position/job with the City of Laurel?

Check our jobs page or come by the Human Resources office to view postings.
Human Resources, City Hall, 401 N. 5th Ave.- Third Floor

Office Number, 601.428.6424 or 601.428.6423

When does the City Council meet?

City Council meetings are held the first Tuesday after the first Monday of each month at 5:30 PM and two weeks after on Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. Meetings are held in the Council Chambers, located on the Third Floor of the Laurel City Hall at 401 N. 5th Avenue, and are open to the public.

Online Agenda Access
Please click here to see upcoming agendas.

The Laurel Housing Authority seeks applicants for the following full-time position:

ACCOUNTANT. Salary range is $48,000 – 52,000. Work involves responsibility for directing and coordinating all accounting functions of the Housing Authority. Duties include responsibility for reviewing and recording financial transactions within established systems and procedures and the preparation and maintenance of financial statements and reports. Employee is expected to exercise independent professional judgment in solving problems which arise within assigned work areas. Work is reviewed through observation, periodic audits, communication and the analysis of statements and reports. Excellent Comprehensive Benefit Package including Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance coverage, State Retirement System, Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave.

Position requires Knowledge of Governmental and modern accounting principles, practices, and techniques of finance, including accounting, budgeting and reporting. Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university with major course work in accounting and/or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience required. Must have valid MS driver’s license. Hiring decisions are contingent upon results of a background check, credit check and pre-employment physical including alcohol/drug testing.

Resumes and references must be sent to: Personnel, P.O. Box 2910, Laurel, MS 39442. Deadline for application is Jan 11, 2019 at 4:00pm. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.

I need to report a leaking hydrant

Please contact United Water at 601-428-6407