Homebuyer Education Seminar Comes to Laurel
Posted on: April 16, 2015
First Time Homebuyer Education is for anyone interested in buying a home, regardless of income or credit history. You’ll have the advantage of buying a home with confidence that comes with education and knowledge of your housing options. An added bonus is that lenders statewide will recognize the certificate you’ll receive after attending the Home Buyer Education Seminar.
What will I learn?
- A-Z Advantages of Homeownership
- Up-front & On-going Costs of Being a Homeowner
- Are You Ready to Buy a Home?
- Budgeting & Credit
- Getting & Closing a Mortgage Loan
- Shopping For a Home
- Keeping Your Home & Managing Your Finances
Cost is $35 and includes all class materials and lunch. For more information, please contact Shae Williams of Mississippi Faith-Based Coalition at 601.428.6401.
Features of the Down Payment Assistance Program:
- (1st Mortgage) FHA, VA, or RD qualifying guidelines.
- (2nd Mortgage) 10-year fixed rate of 7%, no prepayment penalty.
- Maximum down payment assistance is 3% of loan amount (not sales price).
- Sales price of property being purchased or built must be at or below $198,000.
- Down payment assistance can be used for down payment and closing costs (no pre-paid fees).
Who is Eligible:
- First-time homebuyers with low to moderate income not to exceed County Income Limits.
- Applicants who meet the credit eligibility requirements.
- Acceptable credit profile.
- Need for a low down payment second mortgage.
- Applicant who has successfully completed an 8-hour homebuyer education class.
Click here to download flyer.