Accountant – Laurel Housing Authority
Laurel Housing Authority | Salary range is $48,000 – $52,000 + Excellent Comprehensive Benefit Package including Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance coverage, State Retirement System, Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave. | Open From: Dec 28, 2018 - Until Filled
- Work involves responsibility for directing and coordinating all accounting functions of the Housing Authority.
- Duties include responsibility for reviewing and recording financial transactions within established systems and procedures and the preparation and maintenance of financial statements and reports.
- Employee is expected to exercise independent professional judgment in solving problems which arise within assigned work areas.
- Work is reviewed through observation, periodic audits, communication and the analysis of statements and reports.
- Position requires Knowledge of Governmental and modern accounting principles, practices, and techniques of finance, including accounting, budgeting and reporting.
- Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university with major course work in accounting and/or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience required.
- Must have valid MS driver’s license.
Hiring decisions are contingent upon results of a background check, credit check and pre-employment physical including alcohol/drug testing.
Resumes and references must be sent to: Personnel, P.O. Box 2910, Laurel, MS 39442. Deadline for application is Jan 11, 2019 at 4:00pm. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.