Traffic Maintenance Technician
Police Department of the City of Laurel, MS | $12.36 per hour; $25,705.68 annually + benefit | Open From: Jun 10, 2019 - Until Filled
• Install and maintain city traffic signals and street signs.
• Maintain all city street and parking striping.
• Maintain emergency vehicle equipment and emergency vehicle electrical wiring.
• Assist with parades and special events.
• Be able to communicate both written and orally with citizens, employees, and elected officials.
• Have knowledge of and ability to use computers.
• Be able to work nights and weekends as necessary.
• Handle multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
• Perform any other duties as needed and assigned.
• Knowledge of the principles of electrical, electro-mechanical, and electronics work as related to the operation, maintenance, and repair of traffic signals
• Coordination with utility companies in the location and placement of traffic signal poles, the joint use of poles, and in obtaining electrical power service
• Must be able to work comfortably at heights of up to 40 feet
• Must be able to maintain a weight of less than 350 pounds
• High school diploma or equivalent
• At least one (1) year of experience in electronics or related field is preferred.
Applicant must provide the following required documents to Human Resources, 401 North 5th Avenue (3rd Floor City Hall) Room 302:
✓ High School Diploma or Equivalent
✓ Valid Mississippi Driver’s License
✓ Social Security Card
✓ Referral Card from WIN Job Center