- Do I have to come into the office to apply for service or can this be done online? What information will I need?
You do not need to come in person to complete a Service Request form and Water Service Turn On Release Form. Simply download the SERVICE REQUEST FORM, sign and return to the water department via fax at 601.428.6431 or email email@example.com. You will need to attach a copy of a fully executed lease or rental agreement (listing all occupants) and a picture ID. A Customer Service Representative will enter the information into the system and call you for a credit card payment for the deposit.
- How long will it be before services are connected?
If payment is received by 4 p.m. we will have service on by 5 p.m. the same day. If after 4 we will do our best but it will depend on the number of work orders that are ahead of this order. If we are unable to connect the day of payment it would be connect on the next normal work day.
- Does somebody have to be home when servicemen come to turn on services?
No – customer should make sure all faucets are turned off. When tech turns service on at the meter show water is running he will turn service off and leave a door tag letting customer know there is an open faucet. (The customer can go to meter box and turn on service it will NOT be locked. Then go inside and see where the water is running.)
- Can you bill my deposit for new service on a later statement?
- My services were interrupted. How do I get my services reconnected? ( past due accounts and shutoffs)
The quickest way to have your services restored is to make a full payment of the past due amount plus any late and service fees. (If payment is made online the computer system does not alert us – and customer must call to let us know payment has been made during regular business hours.) We will then make the reinstate work order for service to be turned on.
- Can I make a payment online?
Yes, after the first month’s payment has been made all additional payments can be made online. You will need the amount and date of last payment. Visit our online bill payment option at the City of Laurel homepage, by the following link https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/laurelms. A 3% surcharge will be added to all electronic payments. You may also sign up for payments by direct deposit (draft).
- How do I terminate my water, sewer and sanitation services?
Call or come into the office. You will be ask to verify the last four digits of the social security number listed on the account. And give us the last date for service.
- How do I report meter tampering?
Call the office 601-428-6425 during business hours or 601-428-6464 after hours
- How do I report a water main break?
Call the 601-428-6459 during business hours or 601-428-6464 after hours
- How do I contact the sewer division?
Call 601-428-6459 during business hours or 601-428-6464 after hours
- How do I establish water service in my name? (Landlord/Tenant)
The customer would complete the Service Request form and the Water Service Turn On Release Form, copy of fully executed lease or rental agreement (listing all occupants)(deed or purchase agreement for owner/landlord) and a picture ID. The CSR will enter the information into the system and then take payment for the deposit.
- Is there a deposit required to establish water service in a tenant’s name?
Yes; Residential – $100 and Commercial – $150
- Who do I contact if I need a meter reading for purchase or sale of real estate?
The Water Department during business hours 601-428-6425.
- I have a sewer backup.
Call 601-428-6459 during business hours or 601-428-6464 after hours 601.428.6431 by fax or email