LAUREL TRICK OR TREAT CHANGED TO WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 30th
Posted on: October 29, 2013
Decision made as a result of severe weather predicted
Laurel, MS, October 29, 2013: Based upon the most recent weather reports, Mayor Johnny Magee has decided to move Laurel’s Halloween night activities to Wednesday, October 30th.
between the hours of 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM.
“It is in the overall best interest of our community’s youth that I made the decision to change our Halloween activities to Wednesday night,” said Mayor Magee. “Halloween is a fun time of year for all children, and it would be unfortunate if severe weather spoiled the festivities.”
Laurel Police Chief Tyrone Stewart recommends kids Trick-or-Treat safety tips:
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks.
- Look left, right and left again when crossing and keep looking as you cross.
- Put electronic devices down and keep heads up and walk, don’t run, across the street.
- Teach children to make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them.
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible. Children should walk on direct routes with the fewest street crossings.
- Watch for cars that are turning or backing up. Teach children to never dart out into the street or cross between parked cars.
Hazardous weather outlook from the National Weather Service in Jackson:
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE JACKSON MS
202 PM CDT TUES OCT 29 2013